Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Post Road Pumpkin Ale



Pours clear amber in color with a nice frothy white head. This ale has a malty aroma with notes of pumpkin and fall baking spices. The flavor is malty with notes of pumpkin and nutmeg. This brew is nicely carbonated, and flares after every sip. The body is much lighter than other pumpkin ales i’ve tried. This actually works well with this style, and helps Post Road Pumpkin Ale from becoming too filling. The biggest difference I’ve noticed is the sweetness is on the mild side, and the pumpkin flavor seems to mellow on the pallet after a few sips. The finish is sticky, mildly sweet, with a hint of pumpkin. 

Overall I'm happy to announce I enjoyed this brew. The deciding factor for me was the light body. It really helped balance this style, and made for an easy drinking experience. Also, the sweetness of this ale wasn’t the dominant overpowering factor I’ve found so unappealing in other pumpkin brews I’ve tried. 

The Great Pumpkin raises his mug in tribute.

Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment